Please follow these rules to help us respect the habitats of all creatures and plants and ensure the beauty and tranquility you enjoy:
- The Garden follows all state and Cook County guidelines that are in place to mitigate COVID-19.
- Concealed carry firearms are prohibited on any real property under the control of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Individuals who are licensed to carry concealed guns must store their firearms in their car’s glove compartment, trunk, or locked case while visiting the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- The Garden is a smoke-free environment, including e-cigarettes.
- Do not climb on trees and shrubs, pick fruits and vegetables, walk in garden beds, collect plants, flowers, or labels, or feed wildlife.
- Do not engage in active sports, such as rollerblading, skateboarding, ball playing, skiing, snowshoeing, swimming, hunting, and fishing. Scooters and Frisbees or other flying discs are prohibited.
- Do not play or climb on fountains or sculptures.
- Do not play musical instruments or play recorded music without permission.
- Do not bring balloons, which are a hazard to wildlife.
- Do not bring pets. Service animals are permitted.
- Do not consume food in the gardens or natural areas. Campfires and outdoor cooking are prohibited.
- Drones are not allowed at the Garden.
- Picnics are only allowed in the Picnic Glen, adjacent to parking lot 2, and the Learning Campus picnic area.
- Bikes are allowed on the east road only; the speed limit is 8 mph. Park bikes in the racks outside the Visitor Center. Use Garden benches or chairs for resting. Laying blankets on the grass is permitted for Garden performances only.
- The Garden prohibits solicitation, as well as the distribution or posting of any materials, without permission.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Please see our Code of Conduct.