The Garden is a peaceful place. It's also a safe place for the creatures that make this their home. These guidelines respect the habitats of all creatures and plants and ensure the beauty and tranquility you enjoy:
- Help preserve the Garden's serene atmosphere and maintain its unique and beautiful collections and native habitats. Please refrain from climbing on trees and shrubs, picking fruits and vegetables, walking in garden beds, collecting plants, flowers, or labels, and feeding wildlife.
- Service animals are permitted on Garden grounds. No pets, please.
- Have your picnic in the Picnic Glen, adjacent to parking lot 2.
- Please keep food out of the gardens and trails. Campfires and outdoor cooking are prohibited.
- Please bike only on the east road. The Forest Preserve speed limit for bikes is 8 mph. Park bikes in the rack provided outside the Visitor Center.
- Active sports and games — including rollerblading, skateboarding, use of scooters and Frisbees, ball playing, skiing, snowshoeing, swimming, and fishing — are not permitted.
- Kindly refrain from playing on fountains and sculpture.
- Our visitors enjoy the peace and serenity of the gardens; please do not bring or play musical instruments.
- Balloons are a hazard to wildlife on the grounds and are not permitted.
- Use Garden benches or chairs for resting. Laying blankets on the grass is permitted for Garden performances only.
- Concealed carry firearms are prohibited on any real property under the control of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Individuals who are licensed to carry concealed guns must store their firearms in their car’s glove compartment, trunk, or locked case while visiting the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- The Garden is a smoke-free environment, including e-cigarettes.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.