Chicago Botanic Garden Strategic Plan 2024 – 2028
The Chicago Botanic Garden is a world-renowned living museum and so much more. Our roots grow throughout greater Chicago and beyond, inspiring all people to connect with plants. The Garden helps build healthier communities through urban agriculture, offers lifelong learning opportunities, leads pioneering plant conservation research, and showcases the beauty of horticulture. Our mission statement says it all:
We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life.
The work we do helps shape how people experience, value, and care for the planet.
Our five strategic imperatives will guide us in this work throughout 2024 – 2028:
- Expand and deepen the Garden’s local, national, and global reach through the full breadth of the Garden’s work
- Develop and adapt the main campus for greater relevance, resilience, and guest experience
- Grow the Garden’s Chicagoland presence through platforms for partnerships
- Establish the Garden as a global leader for plant conservation science and restoration
- Establish long-term financial and operational sustainability and thriving organizational culture