Landmarks of America
Open May 7 through October 30, 2016
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, weather permitting
Wednesdays until 8 p.m., June 8 – August 31, 2016
Strollers are not permitted in the exhibit; however, stroller parking is located near the entrance.
- There are 18 model G-scale (garden-scale) trains running on 17 tracks (one track runs two trains)
- The longest track usually runs the Santa Fe Super Chief
- The shortest track runs the ladybug and caterpillar cars
- There are close to 50 miniature American landmarks
- There are 26 bridges throughout the Railroad Garden
- 5,000 plants (including annuals) in more than 300 different varieties are in this garden
- The trains travel more than 22,000 miles each season
It's a G-scale World
The 7,500-square-foot Model Railroad Garden features trains running on 1,600 feet of track. The garden-scale trains are 1/29th the size of life-size trains. Train and garden enthusiasts, young and old, return year after year for the delightful sights and sounds of the miniature trains traversing high and low through tunnels, across bridges, and around buildings. All are intricately handcrafted with natural materials, including twigs, bark, leaves, acorns, and pebbles. More than 5,000 tiny trees, shrubs, groundcovers, and flowering plants of close to 300 varieties re-create the topographical landscape of America. Vignettes of tiny people and animals give the exhibit a storybook feel, while sound effects and a working geyser capture visitors’ imaginations.
Generously supported by
Special offer to all Bank of America customers: Buy one ticket for entry to the Model Railroad Garden with any Bank of America identified credit/debit card and get one ticket free (free ticket is equal or lesser value, on-site purchases only).