Q: I recently inherited some houseplants and need some advice on successfully keeping them during the winter.
A: Here are six tips for healthy houseplants:
- Know your plants and their cultural needs.
- Remember that many houseplants need less water during the winter months.
- Put the plants in a location that suits their winter light needs.
- Keep plants away from drafts and heating vents.
- Know that some plants need added humidity during the winter.
- Most plants, except orchids not in bloom, need little to no fertilization when they are not in active growth.
Please contact Plant Information Service at (847) 835-0972 or Click here to show mail address for additional information.