Saturday & Sunday, July 28 & 29, 2018
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Regenstein Fruit & Vegetable Garden
Displays, how-to demonstrations, tours, vendors, and chef demonstrations showcase a variety of garden herbs that visitors can grow in their own gardens.
Staff, volunteers, and outside experts will talk about:
- how to grow herbs in containers
- how to prepare and use a variety of pestos
- how to grow Mediterranean herbs
- how to make herbal blends
- how to attract pollinators with herbs
- volunteer opportunities at the Forest Preserves of Cook County (Sunday only)
Saturday and Sunday herbal how-to demonstrations:
Noon: herbal beverages for summer with Kasey Eaves
1 p.m.: herbal tiered containers with Nancy Clifton
2 p.m.: pesto pizazz with Kasey Eaves
3 p.m.: herbal blends with Nancy Clifton
Take a tour!
Saturday and Sunday, 12:30 p.m.
Fruit & Vegetable Garden herb plantings with Lisa Hilgenberg, horticulturist
Family-friendly activities include:
- making a dried-herb mix for herb butter
- playing a “sniff and guess” game
- planting a basil seed and making a plant label to go with it
Shop for plants and herbal products from these vendors:
- Rollicking Buckaroo Pepper Jam
- Spark of the Heart
- Sweet Joy Brigadeiro (Sunday only)
- Tiny But Mighty Popcorn
- Windy City Harvest (Saturday only)
- Wind Ridge Herb Farm
- Xanadu Forests Apiary (Sunday only)