Saturday & Sunday, July 20 & 21, 2019
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Regenstein Fruit & Vegetable Garden
Displays, how-to demonstrations, tours, vendors, and chef demonstrations showcase a variety of garden herbs that visitors can grow in their own gardens.
Staff, volunteers, and outside experts will talk about:
- how to grow herbs in containers
- how to grow herbs: seed or transplant?
- how to use herbs in summer beverages
- how to prepare and use a variety of pestos
- how to attract pollinators with herbs
- how to grow herbal microgreens
- basil varieties from PanAmerican Seed Company (Saturday only)
- and more!
Saturday and Sunday herbal how-to demonstrations:
Noon: herbs in hanging baskets
1 p.m.: herbal beverages for summer
2 p.m.: window box herbs
3 p.m.: pesto pizzazz
Take a tour!
Saturday and Sunday, 12:30 p.m.
Fruit & Vegetable Garden herb plantings with Lisa Hilgenberg, horticulturist
Shop from these vendors:
- Rollicking Buckaroo Pepper Jam
- Tiny But Mighty Popcorn
- W & M Land Corporation
- Wanderlust Sea Salt
- Xanadu Forests Apiary