How to Apply to Windy City Harvest Corps
- Live in the city of Chicago
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to provide Rap Sheet from the state of Illinois or state where crime was committed; proof of non-violent/ non-sexual criminal background
- Be able to provide a DD-214 to document military service—honorable/dishonorable discharge
- Be able to provide a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, and a valid State ID/Driver’s license, and HH Income documentation
- Be available to work full-time Monday through Friday
- Demonstrate a real interest in a full-time job
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to work a manual labor job in all weather conditions
- Commit to the Windy City Harvest standards of full-time employment performance. Absences and tardiness are not tolerated.
- Attend an upcoming Zoom information session. For Zoom invite and link, please email Robin Whaley Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information sessions are from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- January 14, 18, 20, and 25, 2021
- April 1, 14, 21, and 26, 2021
- Complete a three-hour, unpaid farm work shadow day and interview. Work shadow dates and times are announced at the information sessions.
- Provide Windy City Harvest staff with a copy of your city of Chicago Rap Sheet and/or DD-214 and complete an ADP background check through the Chicago Botanic Garden.
If you have additional questions about the Windy City Harvest Corps program, please contact Robin Whaley Smith, Windy City Harvest Corps Manager, at email@example.com.