Windy City Harvest Corps
- Attend an information session at the Farm on Ogden, 3555 W. Ogden Ave. All information sessions are from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- January 14, January 28
- March 11, March 25
- May 6, May 20
- Complete a three-hour, unpaid farm work shadow day and interview. Work shadow dates and times are announced at the information sessions.
- Provide Windy City Harvest staff with a copy of your city of Chicago Rap Sheet and/or DD-214 and complete an ADP background check through the Chicago Botanic Garden.
Harvest Corps Member Qualifications
- Live in the city of Chicago
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to provide Rap Sheet from the state of Illinois or state where crime was committed; proof of non-violent/ non-sexual criminal background
- Be able to provide a DD-214 to document military service—honorable/dishonorable discharge
- Be able to provide a Social Security card, birth certificate, and a valid state ID/driver’s license upon hire
- Be available to work full-time Monday through Friday
- Demonstrate a real interest in a full-time job
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to work a manual labor job in all weather conditions
- Commit to the Windy City Harvest standards of full-time employment performance. Absences and tardiness are not tolerated.