Regenstein Fruit & Vegetable Garden
July 25 & 26, 2015, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Displays, demonstrations, tours, vendors, and chef demonstrations showcase a variety of garden herbs at the Fruit & Vegetable Garden that visitors can grow in their own gardens.
Staff, volunteers, and outside experts will talk about:
- how to grow herbs in containers
- how to grow and use a variety of mints
- companion planting with herbs
- all about savory – 2015’s Herb of the Year!
- making herbal mustards and other methods for preserving and using herbs
- attracting pollinators with herbs
Take a tour!
- Fruit & Vegetable Garden herb plantings
Saturday and Sunday, 12:30 and 3:30 p.m.—with Lisa Hilgenberg, horticulturist
- Home Landscape Gardens herb gardens
Saturday, 2 p.m.—with Liz Feldner Rex, horticulturist
Family-friendly activities include:
- making a dried-herb mix for herb butter
- playing a “sniff and guess” game
- planting a herb seed and making a plant label to go with it
Vendors will offer plants and herbal products for sale. Special herb-related items will be for sale in the Wheelbarrow Shop.
Take home a seedling!
- As part of the plant giveaway program, pot up a summer savory seedling (while supplies last).