Copyright Policy Statement
Chicago Botanic Garden Web Site, 1000 Lake Cook Road, Glencoe, IL 60022.
All images found at chicagobotanic.org and ohwow.org are protected under copyright law unless written permission is given by the Chicago Botanic Garden.
The Chicago Botanic Garden retains full ownership over all images on these web sites and has the right to pursue litigation against persons for unauthorized use of said image.
Things you can do with the image that don't require permission from the Chicago Botanic Garden:
- Download the image to your computer for use as desktop wallpaper
- Download the image to your computer for use in a screensaver or just to look at
- Print out the image for personal use only (not to give away or to sell)
Things you CAN'T do with the image without specific written permission from the Chicago Botanic Garden:
- Upload the image to any other website for redistribution
- Remove any watermarks (hidden or otherwise) or information placed by the Chicago Botanic Garden to denote ownership
- Use the image as any part of a webpage (e.g. you can't use the image as a webpage background)
- Use the image as any part of a commercial endevour (e.g. you can't use it on a CD label)
- Use the image as part of any public endevour (e.g. you can't use it on a brochure for a non-profit organization)
- Use the image as part of a larger work or to make a derivative work unless such use is allowed by fair use doctrine