All visitors—including Garden members—must preregister for a timed entry. This is necessary for the health and safety of all. We will limit the number of cars, and thus people, to avoid overcrowding and jeopardizing the ability of people to safely social distance.
How to preregister
You only need to register for your car, not the number of people who will be visiting. You will need to display your “timed ticket” on your phone or in your car window, even if you have a member decal in your car. There is no entry without a reservation, and entries will not be available at the door. Parking fees apply.
Please note: The North Branch Trail extension is open during Garden hours; no preregistration required for bicyclists or walkers.
- Members will need to either Log In or have their Membership ID number to register for a timed entry. Your membership ID is on your member card.
- You may want to create an account; that way, your information will auto-fill each time you want to make a transaction. Forgot your password? Follow the prompts to get a new one.
- You can sign up for multiple days and time slots.
- When you have completed your reservation for one date, a purple box will appear at the top of the shopping cart page and prompt you to preregister for additional days.
- You only need to sign up per car. The website will say “Parking timed entry” but parking is always free for members; this is just to reserve your timed entry.
- President’s Circle members do not need to preregister. Please display the placard you received in the mail for entry any time the Garden is open.
For questions on renewals, please email us.
Some Services are limited
Restrooms and other facilities: Restrooms in the Visitor Center and Regenstein Center’s Greenhouse Galleries will be the only restrooms open. Portable toilets, including those that are ADA accessible, and hand-sanitizer stations will be available at several locations. Please bring your own water as drinking fountains will not be available. You will be able to refill your water bottle in the Visitor Center.
Dining: The Garden View Café is open for grab-and-go food and drink only. Credit card payments only. Socially distanced tables are available on the decks. See the dining page for menus and more information.
Shopping: The Garden Shop is open. Entry is via the Lakeside Deck. Capacity is limited. A face covering must be worn at all times while inside the shop.
Canceled events: Click here for more information.
Gardens: Some areas with tight, restricted entrances or spaces may be closed due to social distancing guidelines.
Buildings: Regenstein Center and the Greenhouses, Regenstein Learning Center, and the Plant Science Center are closed until further notice.
Wheelchairs and scooters: Wheelchairs will be available for loan. Electric scooters will not be available.
For more information, see our FAQs.
Help protect yourself and others
Face coverings are required when 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained, including on congested pathways, whenever indoors, and when talking with Garden staff. If you are sick, or have been in contact with someone who is sick, please stay home.
The health and safety of our staff and our visitors is our priority. If visitors do not follow social distancing and other guidelines, we may be forced to close the Garden. We reserve the right to request that visitors who do not follow the guidelines leave the premises. An inherent risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) exists in any public space where people are present. Persons visiting the Chicago Botanic Garden do so at their own risk. We will continue to monitor guidance from state officials and gauge Garden operations, and, if necessary, we will make adjustments. With your help, we can keep the Garden safe for all.