In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Remain knowledgeable about Garden current events and exhibitions, and proactively communicate and promote these to visitors.
- Five-star customer-service oriented, able to work independently, and willing to work as part of a team.
- Promote and maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while in uniform.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, occasionally severe.
- Frequently transport visitors, staff, and volunteers on a variety of vehicles (e.g. vans, club cars) throughout the Garden. Must be safety oriented.
- Assist the visitor operations manager and coordinator in other areas as required.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Articulate, with a strong command of English. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Available day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Experience in the service and/or tour industry.
- Valid driver's license and driving record with no violations; must be insurable by the Chicago Horticultural Society.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.