In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain the safety of visitors, employees, and property at the Garden while enforcing Garden rules and regulations.
- Provide information and assistance to the visitor in a pleasant, professional manner.
- Work closely with Visitor Services to provide the best information and service for the visitor.
- Maintain valid certification in CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), the use of AEDs, and Standard First Aid through Garden provided training.
- Provide emergency first aid to employees and visitors.
- Prepare accurate and clear reports of accidents, illness, theft, vandalism, or any other unusual occurrences with immediate notification to Security Management.
- Perform responsibilities specific to each post as assigned: Gatehouse, West Gate, Dundee Gate, Regenstein Center, Visitor Center, Information Desk, Japanese Garden, Evening Island, Fruit & Vegetable Garden, etc.
- Perform patrols including all buildings, islands, gardens, and other Garden property.
- Control traffic whenever needed.
- Make appropriate Security Department vehicle operating and safety checks.
- Pick up and deliver persons and materials as needed.
- Assist Security Management in other areas as directed.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Good oral and written communication skills
- First Aid and CPR training
- Licensed driver insurable by the Society
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX Coordinator should you have questions or concerns.