In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist horticulturists with routine garden maintenance including weeding, watering, pruning, mowing, planting, deadheading, grooming perennials, mulching, labeling, fertilizing, and removing debris.
- Prepare and lead a 15- to 20-minute tour around your assigned garden areas highlighting your experiences throughout the season for other horticulture staff.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work three months beginning in May.
- Be enrolled in a college horticulture program or related field with an interest in garden maintenance. Candidates within a year of graduation will also be considered.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, the Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX coordinator should you have questions or concerns.