In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Under the guidance of the department manager and the coordinator of member and donor services, assist with all daily functions of member and donor operations including processing, fulfillment, and making receipts for donations to the Garden, and adhering to institutional data processing/accounting procedures.
- Process memberships that are received with donations.
- Process all Tribute gifts and prepare special acknowledgment letters and notification cards when necessary.
- Provide additional services as needed for Membership and Development, including ongoing maintenance of individual records in Raiser’s Edge and Galaxy.
- Process Development event revenue that has a tax deductible and benefit value portion.
- Provide donor customer service via email, in person, and on the telephone as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Key Garden competencies/behaviors desired:
- Communicates in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
- Works effectively with others despite differences of opinion and style; builds alliances.
- Has a tolerance for opposing points of view.
- Strives for collaboration. Works cooperatively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and shows kindness in all workplace interactions.
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility.
- Can effectively adapt to change; can shift gears comfortably; is flexible, and embraces change with a “can-do” attitude.
- Is self-aware; knows personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback and is open to negative feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
- Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence during a crisis.
- Recognizes problems, constructively identifies and articulates solutions.
- Picks up garbage when it is seen regardless of position.
- Follows safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and consistently demonstrates safe work behaviors.
- Is welcoming of new hires.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of three years of related experience working with management staff, donors, and knowledge of accounting procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of standard software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of database systems; Raiser’s Edge and Galaxy are the preferred systems
- Proficient in time management
- Ability to manage/coordinate cash and credit card transactions with integrity following the Garden’s controls and procedures
- Ability to work and communicate with staff, members, donors, and potential donors in a professional manner in person, via email, and on the telephone
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, the Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX coordinator should you have questions or concerns.