To enhance the member/visitor experience by providing five-star customer service.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as membership salesperson/customer service representative at the Visitor Center. Efficient handling of all desk tasks, including the sale of new memberships, renewal of current members, customer service, data base look-up, event ticket sales, general informational questions and follow-up when required.
- Serve as on-site donor sales contact/customer service representative at the Visitor Center. Efficient handling of development-related desk tasks, including Annual Fund donations in the form of contributions, new and renewing Donor Level memberships, tributes, customer service, knowledge of database, and general Garden related information for both questions and follow-up when required.
- Assist in day-to-day operational procedures, including daily revenue reports, cash handling, the opening and closing of all systems including the cash register and the computerized network.
- Monitor all Garden alarms and emergencies in conjunction with Garden Security including: 911 calls; fire, elevator, and bonsai alarms; weather alerts and notification to staff.
- Assist the Coordinator and Associates in stocking/inventory control and other duties/projects as assigned.
- Assist in the implementation of volunteer projects.
- Participate in all member and sales events.
- In a friendly manner, proactively & professionally answer questions and provide directions concerning classes, exhibitions, shows, and gardens.
- Greet visitors in a friendly, attentive way and address their needs promptly. Develop a proficiency in Garden information & literature, resources available, and desk procedures.
- Monitor visitor materials and displays in and around the Visitor Services Information Desks. Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of each area.
- Maintain strong team relationship with Member and Donor Services and establish good working relationships with Visitor Operations, the Call Center, Custodial, and outsourced food and retail operations.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in sales and customer service.
- The ability to interact positively with all customers, including members, donors, potential donors, and co-workers in a professional and friendly manner. A customer is defined as any person you come in contact with—in person, via the telephone, or e-mail.
- The flexibility to work at least one weekend day, some holidays, some evenings, and to flex hours when necessary for proper front-line coverage.
- Experience with non-profit membership and/or development a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Database software experience—Raiser's Edge and Patron Edge preferred.
- The ability to handle cash and credit card receipts with integrity.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.