In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Identify, access, and compile qualitative and quantitative data from disparate sources
- Synthesize demographic, lifestyle, behavioral, and attitudinal data
- Work with in-house database managers to access relevant existing member, program participant, and visitor data
- Profile, measure, and describe segments with untapped potential
- Analyze, prepare, and present findings
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum completed junior year in college majoring in economics, psychology, marketing, GIS, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field
- Experience carrying out market analyses using secondary data sources
- Familiarity with publicly available sources of demographic, SES, and other household data
- Knowledge of Excel or statistical applications (SPSS, R, Stata, etc.)
- Familiarity with census and postal levels of geography
- Familiarity with syndicated services (e.g. GfK MRI Survey of the American Consumer, Nielsen Scarborough Customer Survey, Simmons National Consumer Survey)
- Familiarity with segmentation software such as Mosaic, PRIZM, Tapestry, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with SQL programming and database queries
- Experience with and ability to visually display and map data (Carto, ARC-GIS, or other)
- Understanding of data hygiene and enhancement
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.