In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist building engineers in performing regular maintenance and repair of building systems, including heating, ventilating, air conditioning, electrical, standby generators, and plumbing systems
- Clean and maintain pools and fountains
- Clean all equipment rooms and machinery
- Maintain tools and equipment and report problems to the building engineer promptly
- Responsible for the proper operation of electrical systems such as fuses and circuit breakers; proper use of power bars and extension cords; changing burnt- out light bulbs
- Provide basic technical support for events (i.e., weddings, fundraisers, social events, etc.)
- Work second shift on weekdays and work first shift on weekends, up to 12 hours
- Assist the building engineer I in other areas as directed
- Regular interactions with various departments
- Available to assist with emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma and minimum of six months experience in building maintenance
- Able to communicate and work with all departments
- Knowledge of fuses and circuit breakers
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.