The popular holiday event is back, with a new path and exciting new delights! We’ve got inventive new installations and all your favorites too. Hum along to the melodic tunes of the singing trees. Surround yourself in the twinkling glow of the Winter Cathedral, and find new features that shine with all the colors imaginable. In this holiday season, Lightscape sets a merry mood with friends and family.
It's the brightest place to work this holiday season. And you have the opportunity to make your pay even brighter with Lightscape Thank You pay!
To apply go to: https://www.chicagobotanic.org/jobs/lightscape
- Remain knowledgeable of Garden current events and exhibitions, and proactively communicate and promote these to visitors.
- Exceptional customer service oriented, able to work independently, and willing to work as part of a team.
- Promote and maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while in uniform.
- Work outdoors in all varieties of weather conditions and temperatures.
- Assist the visitor operations coordinator and leads in other areas, as required.
Key Garden competencies/behaviors desired:
- Communicates in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
- Works effectively with others despite differences of opinion and style; builds alliances.
- Has a tolerance for opposing points of view.
- Strives for collaboration. Works cooperatively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and shows kindness in all workplace interactions.
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility.
- Can effectively adapt to change; can shift gears comfortably; is flexible, and embraces change with a “can-do” attitude.
- Is self-aware; knows personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback and is open to negative feedback as an opportunityfor improvement.
- Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked offbalance by the unexpected; is a settling influence during a crisis.
- Recognizes problems, constructively identifies and articulates solutions.
- Picks up garbage when it is seen regardless of position.
- Follows safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and consistently demonstrates safe work behaviors.
- Is welcoming of new hires.
The ideal applicant has a friendly, outgoing demeanor and exceptional customer relations skills, is flexible, and is able to work independently, as well as part of a team. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Available evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
*Chicago Botanic Garden requires all existing employees be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by October 15, 2021; hires post this date must be fully vaccinated upon hire.*
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
The Chicago Botanic Garden is a M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, the Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX coordinator should you have questions or concerns.