She/he will work closely with the website manager and marketing director, as well as key stakeholders, to create effective, visually appealing, and intuitive emails and design of the Garden’s website and other digital elements. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of online user experience and be passionate about design. You will interact closely with the web team, outside agencies, marketing personnel, and various other departments to develop, schedule, and produce online projects through to completion. She/he will ensure that projects are completed accurately and on schedule.
Key Garden competencies/behaviors desired
- Communicates in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
- Works effectively with others despite differences of opinion and style; builds alliances.
- Has a tolerance for opposing points of view.
- Strives for collaboration. Works cooperatively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and shows kindness in all workplace interactions.
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility.
- Can effectively adapt to change; can shift gears comfortably; is flexible, and embraces change with a “can-do” attitude.
- Is self-aware; knows personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback and is open to negative feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
- Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence during a crisis.
- Recognizes problems, constructively identifies and articulates solutions.
- Picks up garbage when it is seen (regardless of position).
- Follows safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and consistently demonstrates safe work behaviors.
- Perform well in high pressure situations, balance competing priorities, and demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Can handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
- Is welcoming of new hires.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, web design, or a related field (or combined with related experience)
- Two years' experience designing email campaigns
- One year experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (automation, journey builder, building data extensions, etc), Adobe Creative Suite, and testing/optimization of digital platforms, including use of Google Analytics or similar platform
- Five years' experience with HTML/CSS and email coding ability, and responsive email design experience is required
- Have three years of experience designing email campaigns, with proven success of improved engagement
- Working knowledge of large data sets and databases like Raiser’s Edge
- Drupal or equivalent programming experience;Drupal 8 migration is a plus
- SQL queries and knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence reporting tools
- Proven experience in running social integrated campaigns
- Expertise to query data using SQL-based query development is a plus
- Understanding of marketing best practices with regard to contact strategies, data capture, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, the Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX coordinator should you have questions or concerns.