Director Digital Marketing Applications
The Director will oversee a team of subject matter experts and vendors who support the application ecosystem components. They are responsible for day-to-day website operations and long-term planning associated with modernizing the website and the applications within the ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have a somewhat technical background specializing in systems integration of vendor applications, but no programming is required. They will have operational experience with transaction processing websites and application support experience with marketing stack applications including CRM, and finance applications. They will be proficient in data analytics and the underlying data structures that facilitate reporting. During this time of transition back to in-person office settings, remote work opportunities are being offered for two days of the regular work week for this position.
- Oversees day-to-day operation of marketing and transaction processing website.
- Manages vendor operational performance, service level agreements, budgets, and priorities.
- Oversees web team responsible for business requirements, and testing.
- Manages data team responsible for analytics, reporting, and data warehouse.
- Leads the operational team responsible for day-to-day application availability, maintenance, and support.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to arrive at priorities for website development efforts.
- Directs website vendor’s software development efforts.
- Utilizes project managers and business analysts to design solutions, develop plans, deliver services, and track progress.
- Selects technologies, products, vendors, and solutions to meet stakeholder needs for functionality within the application ecosystem.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts.
- Drupal 9 Website Hosted at Acquia.
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge CRM.
- Galaxy Gateway Transaction Processing.
- Authorize.net and Paymentech Credit Card Processing.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- SQL Server Database
- Sisence Business Intelligence Platform
Key Garden competencies/behaviors desired:
- Communicates in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
- Works effectively with others despite differences of opinion and style; builds alliances. Has a tolerance for opposing points of view.
- Strives for collaboration. Works cooperatively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and shows kindness in all workplace interactions.
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility.
- Can effectively adapt to change; can shift gears comfortably; is flexible, and embraces change with a “can-do” attitude.
- Is self-aware; knows personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback and is open to negative feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
- Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence during a crisis.
- Recognizes problems, constructively identifies and articulates solutions.
- Picks up garbage when it is seen regardless of position.
- Follows safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and consistently demonstrates safe work behaviors.
- Is welcoming of new hires.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable leading and interfacing with senior leaders in the business
- Demonstrated analytical acumen, problem solving and project management capabilities, including excellent organization skills
- Knowledge of and experience with various marketing information systems, transaction processing systems, and fundraising systems, e.g. Salesforce, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Re Console, Galaxy Gateway Transaction Engine, Omatic Integration Tools, Authorize.net.
- Experience with integrations between websites, CRM applications, credit card transaction processors, financial systems, marketing systems, and reporting systems.
- Experience enabling sales and marketing systems to conform with business requirements and processes and understanding of CRM best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues and provide support and training on go-to-market systems.
- Strong knowledge of data analytics and reporting.
- Thrives in a constantly changing environment.
*The Chicago Botanic Garden requires all existing employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by October 15, 2021; hires after this date must be fully vaccinated upon hire or may request a medical/religious exemption after an offer is extended.*
Apply for Director Digital Marketing Applications using the link below:
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
The Chicago Botanic Garden is a M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, the Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX coordinator should you have questions or concerns.