In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with the Garden’s mission and vision.
- Manage the Development Operations team, including strategic planning and deployment of financial and staffing resources; establishing and measuring annual plans, goals, and performance metrics; ensuring clarity, privacy, integration, and timeliness of data and sensitive information; efficiency of reporting and performance metrics; effectiveness of technology supporting the operations.
- Align the team in support of new and evolving operational strategies.
- Independently and/or in collaboration with IT department and/or external experts, create and execute standard and customized reports that meet the evolving needs of the fundraising teams.
- Create, maintain, and improve data transfer systems between Raiser’s Edge, online fundraising, and email platforms (SFMC), and point of sale ticketing system (Galaxy)
- Liaise with IT department, other managers, and key stakeholders to establish and maintain data governance and hygiene for RE database usage and data.
- Oversee management of Raiser’s Edge database to ensure current, consistent, and accurate data.
- Design, build and maintain dashboards for gift officers and run statistical, financial, and constituent reports as needed.
- Assess training needs and approaches for data and technology systems; partner with the fundraising staff to improve and standardize procedures and processes.
- Oversee online donation processes
- Manage credit card merchant processors and PCI compliance requirements
- Coordinate with IT department for needed support, and to ensure proper maintenance, software updates, and back-ups are occurring
- Oversee the annual revenue and expense budgeting process for the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Garden competencies / behaviors desired:
- Communicates in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
- Works effectively with others despite differences of opinion and style; builds alliances.
- Has a tolerance for opposing points of view.
- Strives for collaboration. Works cooperatively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and shows kindness in all workplace interactions.
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility.
- Can effectively adapt to change; can shift gears comfortably; is flexible, and embraces change with a “can-do” attitude.
- Is self-aware; knows personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback and is open to negative feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
- Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence during a crisis.
- Recognizes problems, constructively identifies and articulates solutions.
- Picks up garbage when it is seen regardless of position.
- Follows safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and consistently demonstrates safe work behaviors.
- Is welcoming of new hires.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Highly collaborative individual will proactively recommend and implement solutions for automation and reporting with an emphasis on efficiency, consistency, and best practices for data and information management, gift administration, and donor relations
- Proficient in overall nonprofit fundraising and development operations best practices, as well as RE database or similar CRM usage
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10-plus years of progressively responsible experience.
- Experience with financial and constituent relationship management databases.
- A metrics-driven, entrepreneurial mindset that informs strategy and work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships and adapt to the needs of diverse groups of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong management skills with demonstrated success in team leadership and building.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities
- Problem-solving abilities, paired with excellent judgment
- Strong track record of leading projects and initiatives to completion for positive business impact, while navigating through a complex organization.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to train and answer questions from non-technical users
- Experience with SQL, CRM Database, Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
*The Chicago Botanic Garden requires all existing employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by October 15, 2021; hires after this date must be fully vaccinated upon hire or may request a medical/religious exemption after an offer is extended.*
TO APPLY: Click here to Apply
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
The Chicago Botanic Garden is a M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, the Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX coordinator should you have questions or concerns.