In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Process registrations, memberships, and confirmation notices for all customers who wish to purchased tickets for events or classes of the Chicago Botanic Garden via our ticketing software Galaxy. Educate registrants through the online process for programs that are activated for online registration.
- Contact potential registrants from waitlists as spaces open.
- Process and balance daily registration payments and refunds using software program for these programs.
- Update and maintain program information, historical files, and mailing lists for such programs using software program.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding program registration from customers via phone and email.
- Mail or email program information as requested to participants and agencies.
- Participate in interdepartmental group meetings to focus on procedures for overall performance, system issues, and overall efficient use of software.
- Work with the manager, Customer Call Center, and Visitor Services Database to develop and maintain skill sets for seasonal employees. Train all relevant staff in the use and best practices of Galaxy.
- Assist the manager, Customer Call Center, and Visitor Services in system set up (i.e., loading in events), as well as evaluating Galaxy system functionality and impact of patches and/or new versions.
- Create a memorable five-star visitor experience by offering accurate and relevant information in a manner focused on exceptional customer service and creating an outstanding first impression.
Key Garden competencies/behaviors desired:
- Communicates in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
- Works effectively with others despite differences of opinion and style; builds alliances.
- Has a tolerance for opposing points of view.
- Strives for collaboration. Works cooperatively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and shows kindness in all workplace interactions.
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility.
- Can effectively adapt to change; can shift gears comfortably; is flexible, and embraces change with a “can-do” attitude.
- Is self-aware; knows personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback and is open to negative feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
- Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence during a crisis.
- Recognizes problems, constructively identifies and articulates solutions.
- Picks up garbage when it is seen regardless of position.
- Follows safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and consistently demonstrates safe work behaviors.
- Is welcoming of new hires.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-demand, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work weekend days during peak season.
- Ability to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Solid communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Galaxy ticketing software or other registration/ticketing software, database systems, and all Microsoft Office applications is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least three years related technical work experience.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, the Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX coordinator should you have questions or concerns.