In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Staff the circulation desk, circulate materials, and register new users
- Answer questions from library users in person, on the telephone, or via email, and refer questions to other resources as appropriate
- Assist with shelf reading, book shelving, periodical shelving, stacks maintenance, and periodical maintenance
- Track circulation desk statistics and produce monthly reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Polite, effective communication abilities
- Proactive problem solver capabilities
- Excellent written, oral, and listening skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and ability to learn new software quickly
- Expertise in searching the Internet, databases, and library catalogs
- Completed coursework towards a Master's of Library and Information Science, or an earned Library Technical Assistant Certificate
- Strong interest in gardening, plants, and the natural environment
To apply: Submit a Chicago Botanic Garden Application, Federal Affirmative Action Questionnaire (optional), resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.