In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor, control, and schedule building and lighting systems using Honeywell computer control system on- and off-site.
- Perform regular maintenance and repair of building systems including HVAC, electrical, emergency generators, and plumbing systems.
- Oversee Building Engineers II, III, and IV; schedule work routine as needed.
- Design, purchase materials for, and install additional new projects that may arise.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside suppliers and service companies.
- Manage maintenance supply inventories.
- Be able to respond to Garden emergencies as needed (may include calls on nights and weekends).
- Assist the manager of Construction & Maintenance in other areas as directed.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed to cover special events.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Five years of experience in building engineering.
- Experience in plumbing, heating, electrical, carpentry, concrete and cement, masonry, roofing, and snow removal.
- Project experience with lighting, panel boards, transformers, and portable generators.
- Capable of running multiple crews.
- Licensed driver insurable by the Chicago Horticultural Society.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.