In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Process registrations and confirmation notices for all customers of programs within the Garden that allow for public registration/purchase by an individual or group for a program in Patron's Edge (PE). Assist registrants through the online process for programs that are activated for online registration.
- Contact potential registrants from waitlists as spaces open.
- Process and balance daily registration payments and refunds using software program.
- Update and maintain program information, historical files, and mailing lists for such programs.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding program registration from customers via phone and email. Educate customers who have called the support line about login and password functions. Reset passwords when needed. These steps are intended to give the customer the comfort and knowledge to independently register for tickets or classes in the future.
- Mail or email program information as requested to participants and agencies.
- Participate in weekly inter-departmental Patron's Edge user's group meeting to focus on procedures for overall performance, system issues, and overall efficient use of software.
- Work with the manager of the Customer Call Center and visitor services database to train all relevant staff in the use and best practices of Patron's Edge.
- Assist the manager of the Customer Call Center and Visitor Services in system setup (such as loading in events), as well as evaluating overall PE/PEO system functionality and impact of patches and/or new versions.
- Create a memorable, five-star visitor experience by offering accurate and relevant information in a manner of focused on exceptional customer service and creating an outstanding first impression.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work weekend days during peak season.
- Ability to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Solid communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Patron's Edge software, database systems, and all Microsoft Office applications a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least three years of related technical work experience.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.