In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Scan AP invoices and input into AP, as well as scan the W9 into the media tab of the new vendor record.
- Create new vendors in AP system, including obtaining and making record of receipt of the W9 on their vendor record.
- Call vendors that accept credit card for payment to make invoice payments via our AP corporate card. Code the transactions in the application and scan the invoice into the electronic file.
- Review monthly expense reports turned in from various cardholders. Verify proper coding, approvals, match total amounts to account activity, and confirm whether the proper support is included.
- Reconcile accounts payable corporate card merchant activity to monthly expense report.
- Process credit application from new vendors who do not accept credit card for payment.
- Review monthly statements for outstanding unpaid invoices, connect with vendor for copies when needed; forward to purchaser to code and approve.
- Receive incoming interoffice mail, date-stamp invoices and business expense reports.
- Maintain email and verbal contact with assorted staff members and vendors regarding various AP issues.
- Handle incoming mail and distribute to various departments as indicated.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least two years of accounts payable experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.