In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Process all cash and credit card receipts. Input all receipts into computer system. Prepare daily deposits and provide receipt information to executive vice president daily.
- Enter stock transactions and wire transfers to input into accounting system.
- Reconcile Smart Safe deposits to reports and bank. Reconcile accounts receivable and other general ledger accounts.
- Prepare month and year-end journals, assist with monthly financial reports, and prepare audit schedules.
- Send out monthly reports to directors and managers using Queue applications in Financial Edge accounts software.
- Enter invoices into Accounts Payable module for payment and assist Accounts Payable reconciliation.
- Payroll responsibilities include data import, inquiry resolution, and verification of attendance records, pay adjustments, and paid-time-off tracking.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of three to five year's work experience in accounting
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and good communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and computerized accounting system required
- Knowledge of Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge a plus
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.