Wellness and Fitness
Breathe…relax…and simplify your life with your wellness partner, the Chicago Botanic Garden, on your journey toward feeding your mind, body, and soul. With a holistic approach, we offer programming developed to help you attain or maintain a balanced lifestyle. Warm and friendly instructors combine standard and progressive methods to deliver uplifting classes for people of all ages and abilities. Together we’ll help you fight stress, strengthen your mind and body, and feel rejuvenated. We invite you to sign up for a class and explore the 385-acre gym and classroom also known as the Chicago Botanic Garden!
Yoga Classes: Yoga is an ancient practice that unites body, mind, and spirit. All are welcome. For all sessions, wear comfortable clothing (sweats, shorts, or yoga pants) with socks or bare feet. Yoga mats are required. It is also suggested that you bring a towel with you, as well as a sweatshirt for cool-down. On occasion, when weather permits, class will occur outdoors in one of the beautiful areas of the Chicago Botanic Garden.
Tai Chi Classes: Tai chi’s fluid movements make the Chicago Botanic Garden an ideal location for classes. People of all ages and physical conditions can learn these movements. Tai chi is best practiced in loose clothing and stocking feet or comfortable flat shoes. Dress for the weather as class may be held outside when weather allows.
Outdoor Walking Workout: Walking is a great cardiovascular workout for all fitness levels. Maximize the benefits of walking for exercise by learning about proper posture, muscle strengthening, and stretching. The Chicago Botanic Garden’s outdoor environment is a unique alternative to a health club, offering fresh air and a place where beautiful scenery changes weekly. Classes are conducted in the Regenstein Center courtyard during inclement weather. All fitness levels are accommodated. Dress for the weather; wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. A water bottle will help keep you refreshed.
- Start Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016 - 8:00am
- Start Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:30am
- Start Date: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 10:30am
- Start Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 10:00am
- Start Date: Monday, November 28, 2016 - 9:00am
- Start Date: Monday, November 28, 2016 - 5:30pm
- Start Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 8:00am
- Start Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 9:30am
- Start Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 6:00pm
- Start Date: Thursday, December 1, 2016 - 9:30am
- Start Date: Thursday, December 1, 2016 - 6:00pm