Application deadline: Friday, November 2, 2018
This is a limited-enrollment curriculum. Early submission of complete application materials is highly encouraged. To successfully complete the application process, please ensure that you have submitted all of the following materials. Your application will be processed upon receipt of all of these materials.
To apply for admission to the Horticultural Therapy Certificate Program, the following documents are required:
- A completed online admission application (fill in application below)
- A one-page essay on why you wish to enter into the field of Horticultural Therapy (please attach to your online application)
- Three professional letters of reference (please attach to your online application)
- A current resume that highlights work experience relevant to your professional goals (please attach to your online application)
- Verification of all relevant training and professional experience (e.g., photocopy of professional licensure forms, please attach to your online application)
- One set of official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions. An official transcript is one that has been received directly from the issuing institution. It must be unopened and bear an institutional validation (such as seal, logo, letterhead), date, and appropriate signature. Transcripts received that do not meet these requirements will not be considered official.
Guidelines for submitting required application materials
An application will be considered complete only when we are in receipt of all required supporting documentation. It is strongly preferred that all supporting documentation (minus transcripts and professional letters of recommendation) are attached to and submitted along with your online application.
Please label electronic files in the following format: Lastname_documenttype (e.g. John Doe’s file: doe_essay.doc).
For all additional support materials that cannot be electronically attached to your application, including transcripts, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org or to this address:
Chicago Botanic Garden
c/o Certificate Programs
1000 Lake Cook Road
Glencoe, IL 60022
You will be notified of your application status prior to December 3, 2018. Accepted students will receive detailed instructions via email on the registration and enrollment process with Oakton Community College. After accepted students complete the Oakton Community College application, they are batch registered into the appropriate courses by the Oakton Community College enrollment center.
If you have questions about your application or the Horticultural Therapy Certificate Program, please contact the Adult Education Department at email@example.com.
*Please note that applications will not considered complete and ready for review until all required application materials, as defined above, have been received.