The Chicago Botanic Garden's Horticultural Therapy staff can be hired to work with you from the very inception of a therapeutic garden project. Contracting with us for leadership in the early phases of garden design and development helps to ensure that your garden is all you hoped for and helps to avoid costly mistakes. We can:
- Systematically gather input from all stakeholders
- Provide ideas to enhance the function of the garden to maximize its use and accessibility
- Provide conceptual drawings to assist in capturing the interest of potential funders
- Work with the landscape architect to translate concepts into plans
- Work with the team to represent their interests throughout the construction process
We have contributed our expertise to meditation gardens, enabling gardens, rehabilitation gardens, vocational gardens, school gardens, and healthcare gardens of all kinds including Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter in Glenview, Illinois, and the Vander Veer Enabling Garden in Davenport, Iowa.