Photo ©2015 Kristin Muller, orchid contest grand prize winner
Photo ©2015 John Peterson, winter contest grand prize winner
CHICAGO BOTANIC GARDEN
Digital Photography Contests
Our spring contest is April 3 – May 22, 2015
Winners announced May 29, 2015
View the Orchid Show contest winners.
View the Winter Photo contest winners.
We hope you will join us April 4 at 9 a.m. for our next free photo walk. Free monthly photo walks are held as part of the Garden's seasonal Digital Photography Contests. Unless otherwise stated, photo walks begin in Alsdorf Auditorium.
Show us your photos that best capture the magic of the Garden! Our seasonal photo contests permit one photo per entrant. We are looking for a unique artistic effort that captures the joy of being in the Garden.
Our digital photography contest will recognize two Grand Prize winners in each contest to win a Garden membership each.
Winners of our contests will have their photographs featured in downloadable wallpaper galleries on our website, seen by close to a million people each year, and may be featured in various Garden publications. The Grand Prize winners will each receive complimentary one-year memberships to the Chicago Botanic Garden.
Photo galleries are updated each Tuesday during the contest, with a final gallery posting at the conclusion of the contest, so that all visitors to our website will see contestants' work.
or call (847) 835-6844.
How to Enter
||Pick your very best photo taken at the Chicago Botanic Garden.
(For tips on picking your best photo, click here.) We are looking for technically proficient photos, with purposeful focus and exposure. Make sure you consider your composition!
||Resize your photo.
Entries must be less than 2MB in file size (not megapixels—there is no megapixel limit).
For tips on how to resize your photo, click here.
||Name the file you are submitting with your first and last name.
Example: Jane Doe.jpg
(If the filename of your entry is not your name, we will not know who you are, and your photo will not be included!)
||Upload your photo(s) using the online form.
Enter your photo(s) with the link(s) above, beginning April 3, 2015, at 9 a.m.
Entries will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Friday, May 22, 2015.
||Look for your photo(s) in the online gallery the Tuesday following your date of entry.
The gallery is updated every Tuesday by noon.
||Become a fan of the Garden on Facebook or join our flickr group to share more of your beautiful garden photos.
RULES (FULL RULES AVAILABLE HERE)
- Accepting digital submissions only. No prints or slides accepted.
- Open to all amateur photographers not employed by the Garden; the contest is closed to Garden staff and professional photographers.
- Photographs will be judged by a team of judges selected by the Garden.
- Photographers agree to let the Garden use both their photograph and their name on the Garden website and in Garden publications; however, names will not be public during the public voting period.
- Photographs must be accompanied by a description of the photo including the date and Garden location.
- Photographs must be taken at the Chicago Botanic Garden, 1000 Lake Cook Road, Glencoe, IL 60022.
- Photographs must be jpg format.
- File size may not exceed 2MB in file size.
- No cash prizes—Grand Prize winners each receive a Garden membership.
Social Media and eNewsletter
Sign up for our eNewsletter to ensure you receive information about future photo contests with the Garden. To see more Garden images, visit our Flickr photo group.