Saturday, April 28, and Sunday, April 29, 2018
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
New this year, the Urasenke Chicago Association will serve a traditional tea. The tasting is free, but availability is limited. Kids of all ages can make projects—construct a kimono-clad paper doll, create a miniature carp kite, design a hanging scroll, and more, at family-friendly, hands-on stations.
- 10:30 a.m. Urasenke Chicago Association: Tea Ceremony
- 11 a.m. – noon Traditional Tea Tasting (limited availability, first-come to tea ceremony will be first-served)
- Noon – 2 p.m. Pam Martinez: Suminigashi (making marbled paper)
- 1 p.m. Michael Gould: Shakuhachi Flute
- 2 p.m. Chicago Koto Group: Koto Harp