Sundays, June 5 & 19, July 3 & 17, August 7, September 4 & 18, 2016
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Drop by the Elizabeth Hubert Malott Japanese Garden for hands-on activities related to Japanese arts and culture. Practice using chopsticks, rake miniature dry gardens, make Japanese kites, and more. The free activities vary each time and are subject to change.
Tentative schedule, subject to change:
- June 5: Koinobori (mini carp kites)
- June 19: Kendama (origami cup & ball)
- July 3: Samurai masks
- July 17: Kabuto (samurai helmets)
- August 7: Uchiwa (paper fans)
- September 4: Kimono paper dolls
- September 18: Gyotaku (fish prints)
Summer Nature Explorer: Reading and Activity Program
Read books and play at Family Drop-In Activity sites and earn prizes! For details and to sign up, visit the Lenhardt Library in the Regenstein Center. All ages are welcome to participate. Click here for more information.