To perform necessary greeting and cash-handling functions at the gatehouse.
- Greeting all visitors by saying, “Welcome to the Chicago Botanic Garden.″
- Collecting parking fees, applying necessary discounts, and accurately recording transactions in the cash register.
- Recording zip codes for all visitors who stop at the gatehouse.
- Accurately recording non-paying visitor transactions in the cash register.
- Correctly directing V.I.P.'s deliveries, tour groups, and other special visitors to the required locations.
- Keeping the gatehouse clean and stocked with necessary cash-handling supplies.
- Reconciling receipts and balancing the cash register at the end of each shift.
- Opening and closing the gatehouse as required.
High school graduate or equivalent. Cash-handling experience. Basic computer skills. Good oral and written communications.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.