In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Transport visitors, staff, and volunteers between predetermined locations.
- Monitor Trolley operating conditions and report needed repairs to Visitor Services manager, coordinator and maintenance staff.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of Trolley.
- Proactively communicate and promote Chicago Botanic Garden current events, garden displays, and exhibitions.
- Adhere to program schedule requirements and tour itineraries.
- Exemplify Chicago Botanic Garden customer service guidelines.
- Maintain professional appearance and professional conduct.
- As an operator of Chicago Botanic Garden touring vehicle, demonstrate both a high standard of safety for visitors and a strict adherence to Chicago Horticultural Society rules and regulations.
- Support the mission of the Chicago Botanic Garden, including research and conservation initiatives.
- Assist the manager and coordinator of Visitor Services in other areas as required.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Candidate must be insurable by the Society, possess a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class C with P (passenger) endorsement and a valid Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card.
- Candidate must present a current driving record for review.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as strong presentation abilities.
- Must have the ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and to endure the physical requirements of operating the touring vehicle, including assisting with the wheelchair lift and its occupants.
- Day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours available.
- Five years or more of driving experience is preferred.
- College degree appreciated.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.