Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum age requirement of 21 years old.
- Valid Illinois driver's license and driving record with no violations; insurable by the Chicago Horticultural Society is required. Must be safety-oriented.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Articulate, with a strong command of the English language. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Available day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, occasionally severe.
- Fast and accurate use of computerized point-of-sales system.
- Adept and confident in providing an engaging tour while simultaneously driving safely.
- Experienced in the service and/or tour industry, as a public speaker with a talent for engaging an audience of adults and children preferred.
- Customer service oriented, able to work independently, and willing to work as a part of a team.
- Able to accurately total, process, and collect payments from visitors including handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change, and processing gift certificates.
- Knowledge of horticulture preferred.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.