To coordinate Security Gatehouse operations and oversee the dissemination of information throughout the department.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing 5-Star Customer Service to visitors and welcoming them to the Garden at the gatehouse.
- Collecting payment and recording transactions in the gatehouse.
- Collecting and recording accurate visitor and membership data in the gatehouse.
- Keeping the gatehouses clean and stocked with necessary cash-handling supplies.
- Assisting with training gatehouse staff in proper techniques and procedures to welcome visitors, collect data, and manage financial transactions.
- Ensuring delivery of memos, notes, schedules, and other information to the gatehouse in a timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Other duties of Officer, Security.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Cash-handling experience
- Basic computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required by the operational needs of the department
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.