To serve visitors, members, and staff by maintaining the safety and security of the property and collections of the Garden.
- Maintain the safety of visitors, employees, and property at the Garden while enforcing Garden rules and regulations.
- Provide information and assistance to visitors in a pleasant, professional manner.
- Work closely with Visitor Services to provide the best information and service to visitors.
- Maintain valid certification in cardiopumonary resuscitation (CPR), the use of automated external defibrillators (AEDs), and standard first aid through Garden-provided training.
- Provide emergency first aid to employees and visitors.
- Prepare accurate and clear reports of accidents, illness, theft, vandalism, or any other unusual occurences. Manage with immediate notification to Security Department management.
- Perform responsibilities specific to each post as assigned: gatehouse, west gate, Dundee Road gate, Education Center, front of gateway, Information Desk, Malott Japanese Garden, Evening Island, Fruit & Vegetable Garden, etc.
- Control traffic whenever needed.
- Make appropriate Security Department vehicle operating and safety checks.
- Pick up and deliver people and materials as needed.
- Assist Security Department management in other areas as directed.
High school graduate or equivalent; oral and written communication skills.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.