At The Garden — Employment
Employment at the Chicago Botanic Garden
TITLE: Manager, Membership Sales
- To manage on-site sales and staff
- To assist director and Member and Donor Services management team with revenue enhancement and long-term growth planning
- To plan and implement all departmental sales projects on- and off site
- Continue building the capacity of on-site sales through strong desk management, creative promotions, and by providing five-star customer service to members, donors, and visitors—on-site, on the telephone, and via e-mail.
- Supervise sales coordinator and regular full-time and seasonal sales associates and volunteers. Hire and train these positions when necessary. Create and maintain monthly schedule for sales desk coverage.
- Develop, plan, and oversee all aspects of member acquisition and retention sales with director.
- Coordinate annual review of membership benefits with Membership management team.
- Work with director on all sales print materials and premium development.
- Partner with coordinator, Membership & Annual Giving, to maintain premium and print inventory.
- Participate on Patron’s Edge management team and provide call center support on some weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate satellite sales venues if applicable. Represent Membership at planning sessions for the Flower & Garden Show, Antiques & Garden Fair, World Environment Day, plant sales, and HallowFest.
- Support the director with timely and accurate reports and updates.
REPORT TO: Director, Membership & Annual Giving
SUPERVISES: Sales coordinator; regular full-time and seasonal sales associates and desk volunteers
COOPERATIVE RELATIONSHIPS: Visitor Operations, Call Center, Custodial, Volunteer Services, Accounting, Communications, Development, Horticultural Services, School, and Information Services
- College degree with a minimum of three years' experience in sales and customer service
- Supervisory experience required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Proficient in time management
- Ability to deal with members, donors, and potential donors in a professional manner
- Must handle cash and credit card receipts with integrity
- Must be able to work one weekend day, some holidays, and evenings
- Ability to flex hours when necessary to ensure proper sales desk coverage
- Experience in nonprofit membership and/or development, with Raiser’s Edge, and Patron’s Edge a plus