In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Repair and maintenance of Garden vehicles, tools and equipment.
- On call status for emergency tram repairs during tram season (approximately May-October). This will be on a rotational basis.
- Assist the Manager in other areas as needed.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Associates degree in automotive technology required OR experience in automotive diagnostics required.
- Experience with GM vehicles required.
- Automatic transmission, automotive air conditioner repair preferred.
- Experience with snow blowers and lawn mowers preferred.
- Driver's license required.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.