In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitate and implement free, drop-in family science, nature, and gardening programs to a wide range of Garden visitors.
- Learn to apply museum education best practicies and knowledge of learning theories to assist in ongoing development of a diverse range of family-friendly programs.
- Work with other staff, including volunteers, in facilitation of programs.
- Assist with other youth and family programs as interest and opportunity present.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A background and interest in education
- Confidence to instruct children and adults
- Customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse public
- Knowledge of science, horticulture, outdoor education, or environmental education preferred
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.