The custodian will clean and provide custodial maintenance for all building facilities, and perform specific support duties for other departments.
- Provide daily and weekly routine cleaning and custodial maintenance on building facilities.
- Remove trash and collect recyclables from all designed areas in the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- Set up and take down props and equipment, and clean up after special events, classes, shows, parties, symposia, etc.
- Receive, document, and distribute deliveries from specified dock areas to all areas on the grounds.
- Pick up and deliver various items from all buildings on grounds and storage areas off and on the grounds.
- Undertake special cleaning projects including cleaning carpets, waxing floors, scrubbing walls and cleaning glass.
- Remove snow and use ice melt on sidewalks, porticoes, driveways, stairways, pedestrian entrances, and classrooms at trailers. (To be performed at designated areas.)
- Must be able to accept occasional overtime duties.
- Assist the manager of custodial services in other areas as required.
High school diploma is a plus; two years of custodial experience.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.