In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare equipment and supplies for instructors daily
- Assist with the daily pick-up and drop-off site, including interacting with parents and supervising children
- Direct volunteers to their assignments
- Supervise campers during the lunch period
- Assist with administrative aspects of program as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Position is full-time and seasonal, June 13 through August 26, 2016.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Summer camp experience and/or 2-plus years of working with children in an educational setting is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills are required.
- Reputation of flexibility, efficiency, and punctuality.
- Must enjoy interacting with people of all ages.
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.