To perform weed control and assist with other departmental activities.
- Remove weeds using manual techniques and herbicide sprays under the direction of the Plant Health Care supervisor.
- Maintain an accurate daily log of herbicide applied.
- Safely operate small equipment such as golf carts, weed whips, and leaf blowers.
- Report tool and equipment problems to the Plant Health Care supervisor.
- Assist with other activities as needed such as equipment maintenance, work area organization, fertilization, mulching, pruning, edging beds, spraying fungicides, and insecticides with Plant Health Care specialists, aerating turf, and special events at the Chicago Botanic Garden.
Must be able to identify weeds. Must obtain a pesticide operator's license through the Illinois Department of Agriculture within the first month of employment. Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today.