In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in planning, design, and implementation of carpentry projects.
- Facility upkeep including (but not limited to) drywall repairs, painting, furniture and cabinet repairs.
- Repairs/refinishing of existing outdoor wooden structures.
- Communication with other Garden staff members in implementing maintenance work, including both verbal (in person and via phone) and written (email).
- Snow removal (seasonally) requires the ability to operate snowplow truck and may require additional off-hours to be worked.
- Work in a wide variety of weather and environmental conditions.
- Maintain operation of carpenter shop tools and equipment.
- Assume the duties of the carpentry supervisor in his absence.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of two years of related job experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and design sketches
- Good working knowledge of building/construction materials and methods
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.