Application deadline: November 1, 2014. This is a limited-enrollment curriculum. Early submission of complete application materials is highly encouraged.
To apply for admission to the Horticultural Therapy Certificate Program, the following documents
- A completed admission application (fill in online application below)
- A one-page essay on why you wish to enter into the field of Horticultural Therapy (please attach to your online application)
- Three professional letters of reference (please attach to your online application)
- A current resume that highlights work experience relevant to your professional goals (please attach to your online application)
- Verification of all relevant training and professional experience
(e.g., photocopy of professional licensure forms, please attach to your online application)
- One set of official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions (see below for definition of official transcript)
An official transcript is one that has been received directly from the issuing institution. It must bear an institutional validation (such as seal, logo, letterhead), date, and appropriate signature. Transcripts received that do not meet these requirements will not be considered official.
Guidelines for submitting required application materials
An application will be considered complete only when we are in receipt of all required supporting documentation. It is strongly preferred that all supporting documentation (minus transcripts) are attached to and submitted along with your online application.
Please label electronic files in the following format: Lastname_documenttype (e.g. John Doe’s file: doe_essay.doc).
For all additional support materials that cannot be electronically attached to your application, including transcripts, please send to email@example.com or to this address:
Chicago Botanic Garden
c/o Certificate Programs
1000 Lake Cook Road
Glencoe, IL 60022
You will be notified of your application status prior to December 1, 2014. Accepted students will receive detailed instructions via email on the registration and enrollment process with Oakton Community College. After students complete the Oakton application, they are batch registered into the appropriate courses by the Oakton Community College enrollment center.
If you have questions about your application or the Horticultural Therapy Certificate Program, please contact Adult Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that applications will not considered complete and ready for review until all required application materials, as defined above, have been received.