CHICAGO BOTANIC GARDEN
Tips for resizing your photo for the Garden Photo Contest
From Robin Carlson, staff photographer
If you are using Photoshop:
- Open your photo.
- Go to the image dropdown menu and select 'Image Size'.
- Enter 1024 in the top box for pixel width, and check the 'Resample Image' box.
- Click 'OK', and save your image to your desktop.
If you are using iPhoto:
- With your photo selected, go to the File menu and choose 'Export'.
- Select 'Size > Medium', and click 'Export'.
If you don’t have any image editing software on your computer, you can use these free online resources to shrink your files: